Why do we get eye floaters?

Age related change. The vitreous (connective tissue of the eye) becomes more liquid in people who are nearsighted or during the process of aging - then eye floaters may develop. It can also be a sign of retinal detachment, which need immediate medical attention, .
Floaters. Floaters are caused by the vitreous (jelly in the eye) detaching from the retina (typically a normal change in the aging eye). The vitreous clumps up or develops blurry areas within the jelly causing your floater. If when the vitreous changes, causing floaters, if the retina is torn you are at risk for a retinal detachment. You should have an examination. Tx: time, and possibly surgery.
Natural aging . It is a consequence of protein particles drifting within the vitreous fluid of our eye. They are common and harmless most of the time. If new or associated with other symptoms like flashes, the eye should be examined for retinal problems. If you see the other posts, i discuss the depolymerization of proteins in the vitreous. This is biochemically what happens as we age. Hope that helps.