If you receive oral sex from someone with a cold sore, how likely are you to get it on your genitals?

Herpes simplex 1. (cold sore can be transmitted to the genital area. In the past it was thought that herpes simplex 1 was above the waist and type 2 was below the waist, but in recent years both are found both places and can be transmitted from above the waist to below the waist and vice versa.
Unlikely. Genital herpes and oral herpes tend to be caused by different viruses. It is possible, but not likely that you would have the oral herpes virus in the genital area.
Possible. Although, the cold sore herpes virus doesn't typically favor the genitalia, it's still possible to get infected. Whether you will be infected or not once you come in contact with it, no one can't tell for sure, but i'd be extremely cautious not to have oral sex with anyone known to have active cold sores.