My plantar fasciitis feels like a throbbing stab. Is this normal?

Treatment options. Begin with rest, ice massage, otc anti-inflammatories, & stretching the foot/ heel throughout the day. Make sure you are wearing shoes with an appropriate amount of support... Consider shoe inserts (arch support), and wearing night splints... Prp or steriod injections may be considered after the above options. For more information please see http://drmarkgalland. Com/what-is-plantar-fasciitis/.
Can be. See your podiatrist for best treatment plan. It can feel like a stabbing and/or burning pain. In the am, roll out of bed and do not step on your feet. Extend them behind you and one at a time, flex the leg back, stretching the back of your leg/foot. This often helps. Dr will give you other things to do. May need boot to sleep in.