I have heel spurs on my foot and causing a lot of pain. What is the best treatment for it?

Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry

In brief: Combo treatment.

If you have plantar fasciitis, and hurt most with the first few steps in the morning, the more you can do together, the better: #1: supportive shoes.
#2: firm inserts or orthotics. #3: oral antiinflammatories (check with your doctor). #4: stretching your foot and calf. #5: icing (10 min at a time). You may also need physical therapy or cortisone injections, or eswt if available in your area.

In brief: Combo treatment.

Dr. Libby Putnam
Dr. Libby Putnam

In brief: Spurs

If you have heel spurs and have tried all conservative methods have failed then you might consider surgery because you always get plantar fascitis alond with the spur. But again, try all treatment options before surgery.
You have been given good advise by other doctors on heath tap.

In brief: Spurs

Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman

In brief: Heel Spur

You need to see a podiatrist for evaluation and treatment.
Based on the level of pain and discomfort, there are many treatments that are available, ranging from simple icing and stretching to injections and possible surgery. Once evaluated a right treatment course can be carved out for you to make you feel a lot better.

In brief: Heel Spur

Dr. Mak Yousefpour
Dr. Mak Yousefpour

In brief: Heel pain

All these answers are good .
I find that orthotics work the best in my practice. I rarely perform surgery on these - the orthotics are that successful. See your podiatrist for assistance . I also use injection therapy and taping and nite splints as a run up to dispensing orthotics.

In brief: Heel pain

All these answers are good .
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. BERNARD Filner
Pain Management

In brief: POSS TRIGGER POINTS

It is possible that the heel spurs are a result (rather than a cause) of the pain.
The pain could be caused by trigger points in the gastrocnemius, soleus, or other calf musles that refer pain into the heel. Also check the piriformis.

In brief: POSS TRIGGER POINTS

Dr. BERNARD Filner
Dr. BERNARD Filner
Dr. Vikram Patel