If I have oral herpes (hsv-1) and I received oral sex from my partner who kissed me, do I have genital herpes?

Dr. Rebecca Gray

In brief: No

Hsv-1 is oral herpes and hsv-2 is genital herpes.
It is possible to have hsv-1 in the genital area and vice versa. Hsv1 infections in the genital area are usually milder than hsv2 infections. Without viral culture, HSV 1 cannot be differentiated from HSV 2 based on exam alone. Therefore, if you are concerned about an outbreak, see your doctor for a proper diagnosis.

In brief: No

Dr. Rebecca Gray
Dr. Rebecca Gray
Dr. Chevies Newman

In brief: Low probability

You already have immunity to hsv-1, this it will not reemerge on the vulva.
You can still be susceptible to hsv-2 however. Good luck.

In brief: Low probability

Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Possibly

If you get a genital lesion yes.
If not, no. Be careful. Avoid kissing and any type of contact when you have an out rake!

In brief: Possibly

If you get a genital lesion yes.
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dr. Kenneth Grossman