I'm having jaw pain. Could it be my wisdom teeth coming in? Any thoughts?

Dr. Rocky Dhaliwal
Dentistry

Jaw pain can be from stress to the temoromandibular joint dirorder, or tmd.
It can also be from wisdom teeth. Jaw pain can also be sign of various other diseases, disorders and conditions.Relatively mild conditions, such as teeth grinding, can cause jaw pain.More serious condition include rheumatoid arthritis, infection, and neualgia. Jaw pain is also one of the hallmark warning signs of heart attack.

Dr. Rocky Dhaliwal
Dr. Rocky Dhaliwal
Dr. Thomas Yash
Dentistry

In brief: Not likely

You are a little old to have your wisdom teeth erupting.
However if you still have impacted wisdom teeth they can become active and result in pain. Infection possible. Damages to other teeth. Or it could be from other teeth in area. A cavity or infection. You could experience pain from your TMJ or muscles causing jaw, teeth or headaches. Get examined by your dentist soon.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Thomas Yash
Dr. Thomas Yash
Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

Wisdom teeth whether erupted in the mouth, partially visible or beneath the gums can be a source of pain.
Pain can also be due to other teeth and/or structures in the mouth or jaws. My primary thought is that you need to have a clinical examination performed by your dentist with the appropriate x-rays to determine the source of your pain.

Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Peter Kurzweil