I get a pain in my lower left abdomen. Really sharp. I have a concern due to the fact I have a lot of kidney stones. But it's not kidney stone they sa?

Dr. Bradley Rieders
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: IBS

If this has gone on for more than 6 months you may have irritable bowel syndrome.
You should see a doctor and have a complete physical. You may need to get an xray of your abdomen and other test. If the pain is severe seek immediate care.

In brief: IBS

Dr. Bradley Rieders
Dr. Bradley Rieders
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Get seen fast.

I would seriously get this worked up soon because it could be several things, not the least of which is a possible ectopic pregnancy.
If you had your period, it's unlikely to be an ectopic pregnancy, but it still can be serious, like an intestinal block, diverticulitis, or what is known as a volvulus, or twisting of a bowel segment. It might even be a hernia, so see your doctor for a full workup.

In brief: Get seen fast.

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine