What does an ear nose throat doctor do on your first appointment for potential sinus problems?

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Depends
It all depends on the problem. I start out by getting an extensive history (often people come in with sinus complaints but there issue is not sinusitis).
After the physical exam i might perform a scope (to visualize the nasal passages). If we are thinking about surgery or concerned for chronic sinusitis i will order a ct scan.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Several things
They will tak a good history and then do an appropriate examination on all the ENT related areas of your body and according to your symptoms.
A procedure may be necessary. Discuss this with the ENT doctor thoroughly before you have it done. Ask questions! they expect them. Ask them to show you a diagram or draw a picture for you to better understand.

In brief: Several things
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine