Breathing in dry air all day makes my nose dry and gives me a headache. How can I change this?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Saline nose spray
Saline (a mild, non-stinging salt water) sprayed in the nose periodically (once an hour or so) can help maintain moisture to the nose.
Also, applying a small amount of vasoline petroleum jelly around the nose after using the saline can help keep the saline in place, providing even greater relief.

In brief: Saline nose spray
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
2 comments
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Agree with Dr. Cheng. Also how about keeping a humidifier running for several hours per day to get more moisture into the air you breath.
Dr. David Astrachan
Sorry to disagree but saline is not that helpful in this condition. Saline wets but does not moisten and when the lining becomes dry saline just irritates it. Better to use something like Ponaris nasal emollient. Imagine chapped lips, you don't rec salt water you rec chapstick. I treat patients like CandyB as if they ad a chapped nose. Same idea.
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Dry
Hydrate and buy a good quality room size appropriate humidifier

In brief: Dry
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
Dr. Vikram Patel