My tongue is in pain, someone please help. There is a blister-like bump on my tongue. What should I do?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Ambusol

A single blister may be a localized infection of a salivary gland or taste bud.
Ambusol and a tincture of time will help along with Motrin or tylenol (acetaminophen) for pain. Multiple blisters may be shingles or even herpes. If you have multiple blisters... You should be seen by your local ENT or in the er for treatment with possible antivirals.

In brief: Ambusol

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Try this

First of all stay away from all foods and drinks that are spicy or acidic.
No oj, no coffee or tea, no tomatoes or sauce. These bumps can be sores which are aggravated by acid. You can also rinse your mouth with a tablespoon of mylanta liquid after each meal and before bed. If you tongue doesn't improve within a few days see an ENT doctor in your area to have it evaluated.

In brief: Try this

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan