Should i be worried about a deep filling still hurting at cold/hot temperatures or after i chew gum? It's been a month. I floss daily to help it heal.

Dr. steven Present
Dentistry

There could be a number of reasons for your tooth still hurting.
Since you stated that the filling was deep, the pulp could be irreversibly inflamed. If that is the case, it would require rot canal therapy. However, there could be other reasons, such as the occlusion being high. I would suggest going back to your dentist and have him/her evaluated the situation.

Dr. steven Present
Dr. steven Present
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Concerned? yes

This can happen but is not typical.
Most often with these symptoms, the tooth will require root canal therapy in time. It still might not be too late to prevent the need for rct. I suggest that you return to your dentist to have the tooth re-evaluated. Sometimes when the filling is removed and the nerve sedated, one can avoid the need for rct.

In brief: Concerned? yes

This can happen but is not typical.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
If the sensitivity has been improving steadily, no further treatment may be necessary. If the sensitivity has gotten worse or there is no improvement after all this time, something needs to be done before this becomes an acute emergency!
Dr. Duane Keller
Dentistry

In brief: Time will tell???

If it gets better (slowly) just give it time.
If it gets worse it is probably inflammed or worse. I would check with the doctor that put in the filling and get professional advice, especially if it gets worse.

In brief: Time will tell???

Dr. Duane Keller
Dr. Duane Keller
Dr. Robert Mann
Dentistry

In brief: Yes,

Return to the dentist for further tests including x-ray, percussion, pulp test, cold test.
If the intense cold pain lasts more than 30 seconds after the cold stimulus is removed you probably have irreversible pulpitis, the treatment for which is root canal therapy, .

In brief: Yes,

Dr. Robert Mann
Dr. Robert Mann
Dr. Marsha Davis