Symptoms loose stools for over 7 months, diagnosed with fatty liver and now my dr wants to do colonoscopy not too sure why any ideas as to why?

Dr. Steve Martinez
Breast Surgery

In brief: Loose stools

I suspect that your doctor is performing the colonoscopy not to find out about your fatty liver, but to look into possible causes of your loose stool.
He may want to assess for crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, infectious colitis, or other causes.

In brief: Loose stools

Dr. Steve Martinez
Dr. Steve Martinez
Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Several reasons

When no explanation can be found, such as in your case, the doctor will be looking for abnormal findings such as masses/lesions etc.
Not to scare you..They are just looking to explain whats happening. They may biopsy to see if anything such as celiac disease is present. Also..They may be able to identify crohn's or colitis more efficiently. Cancer needs to be ruled out as well.

In brief: Several reasons

Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Peter Kurzweil