I have major jaw and ear pain and cannot clench my teeth together and chew what type of doctor should I go to?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Dentist
You want to see a dentist who understands and treats jaw problems.
Google for dentist headache tmj.

In brief: Dentist
Google for dentist headache tmj.
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Great answer. Wishing you'all the very best.
Dr. M. Jay Petruska
In brief: TMJ Dysfunction
What you seem to be describing is TMJ dysfunction.
The best treatment is an anti-inflammatory drug. You should also consider seeing your dentist to have a mouth guard molded for you.

In brief: TMJ Dysfunction
Dr. M. Jay Petruska
Dr. M. Jay Petruska
Dr. Paul Cohen
There are also some jaw stretches you can perform which should alleviate your discomfort...simply let your mouth hang open to let your lower jaw stretch out(may look weird but it is beneficial)
Dr. Amber Patel
Dentistry
In brief: See a dentist
See a dentist for an evaluation.
They may be able to solve your problem or they will know who to refer you to. You may have more than one problem.

In brief: See a dentist
See a dentist for an evaluation.
Dr. Amber Patel
Dr. Amber Patel
In brief: TMJ - Jaw pain
You have a tmj/muscle dysfunction problem that is treated by a dentist.
Select a dentist that routinely treats TMJ with functional orthopedic type applicances. Many dentist treat tmj, however only about 5% are really good at it partly due to familiar with a wide range of modes of therapy to better customize the treatment specifically for your conditions.

In brief: TMJ - Jaw pain
Dr. Douglas Tavenner
Dr. Douglas Tavenner
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine