Everytime I yawn my ears pop but I have to hold my nose and suck inwards for them to go normal again?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Ventillation problem
You are having a dysfunction of your eustachian tube, the tube from the middle ear to the back of the throat.
This tube allows equalization of the pressure in the middle ear and drains fluid and mucous. You may have allergies or a viral infeciton. If this has been going on for some time, see your pcp, allergist or ENT doctor. Further evaluation may be needed.

In brief: Ventillation problem
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Lonnie Smith
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Eustachian tube
Your eustacian tube is probably the problem. When you swallow the muscles in the throat pull on it causing it to open whuch may make your ears pop.
Blowing your nose or pulling in through your nose also affects the tube causing it to pop.

In brief: Eustachian tube
Dr. Lonnie Smith
Dr. Lonnie Smith
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine