At night sometimes i feel im woken up because i stop breathing.My friend said i was heaving in my sleep. Could it be something serious?

Dr. David May
Dentistry

In brief: OSA

These are symptoms of obstructice sleep apnea.
Your airway is closing and your body is keeping you alive by heaving as you describe it. Please see a sleep physician so you can have a sleep test to see how severe your problem is.

In brief: OSA

Dr. David May
Dr. David May
Dr. Scott Diede
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Sleep apnea?

I would be worried about obstructive sleep apnea (osa).
Osa is a condition in which the flow of air pauses or decreases during breathing while you are asleep because the airway has become narrowed, blocked, or floppy. This can make you feel very fatigued during the day. You may need a sleep study to figure this out. There are good treatments available. See your doc.

In brief: Sleep apnea?

Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology