What can I do to get a genetic test done to determine if I am a carrier of the leukemia genetic mutation?

Dr. Michael Thompson
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: What test?

What "leukemia genetic mutation" are you referring to? I am unaware of any screening test, where screeening is defined as testing in an asymptomatic patient.
Need more info...

In brief: What test?

Need more info...
Dr. Michael Thompson
Dr. Michael Thompson
Dr. Agos Luca
Pathology

In brief: Not recommended

There is no single genetic mutation.
Different types of leukemia are associated with different genetic abnormalities. These are multiple and testing for all of them is not reasonable from many points of view including medical necessity and cost. Genetic testing for specific mutations and other abnormalities is performed only after a diagnosis of leukemia is established clinically.

In brief: Not recommended

There is no single genetic mutation.
Dr. Agos Luca
Dr. Agos Luca
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine