What do I need to eat along with iron, or not eat for optimal iron absorbtion into the body?

Enriched foods. Sources of iron - egg yolks, molasses, raisin bran, raisins, prunes, dried apricots, figs, kidney beans, pinto beans, navy beans, lentils, split green peas, enriched cereals, enriched macaroni, spinach, greens, broccoli, lima beans, avocado. Cook in a cast iron pan. The following foods can help your body absorb iron better: orange, cantaloupe, strawberries, grapefruit, broccoli, brussels sprouts.
Iron deficieny. Are you taking iron for iron deficiency anemia. Different types of iron are absorbed differently. In foods e.g. Meats the biological iron is in the form of heme and absorbed well. For supplements iron must be in an absorbable form, and the body can only take up a certain amount each day. Best to give iron with vitamin c about three times per day between meals for maximum absorbtion.