Do you think I should supposed to have a hole in my skin right after a sebaceous/epidermoid cyst removal?

Dr. Camil Sader
Surgery

In brief: One of Two Ways

Sebaceous cysts are filled with material that can infect the surrounding tissues.
When a cyst is excised, this skin is typically sutured shut. When a cyst is lanced and its contents are evacuated, the wound is typically left open to drain as in your case. Since some excised cysts can become infected, some surgeons elect not to suture and keep the skin open packed to prevent an infection.

In brief: One of Two Ways

Dr. Camil Sader
Dr. Camil Sader
Dr. Paul Harper
Surgery

In brief: No

When a cyst is removed the surgeon usually closes the incision unless there is an infection.
I usually leave these open and let them close when they are ready.

In brief: No

Dr. Paul Harper
Dr. Paul Harper