Who can I talk to for help with ptsd and depression?

Treatment Options. You can find a therapist near you through the website: psychologytoday. Com another excellent resource is the book : the trauma took kit, healing ptsd from the inside out. Traumatoolkit. Com this award-winning book provides an understanding of ptsd as something that affects your entire being - mind, body and spirit. The book gives information on many modalities to help heal from ptsd.
Someone good. There are a variety of mental health therapists with varying levels of training, in most states a licensed psychologist is trained at a doctoral level, but as with all professions there are good and mediocre therapists at all license levels. Asking your primary care doctor for a referral to someone with experience in treating ptsd n depression is one place to start. Psychiatry can help with meds.

Related Questions

I am looking for more effective treatment for many years of clinical depression. Talk/drug therapies have done little to change I have tried many psychotropic drugs in recent years along w/ talk therapy. I remain "stuck" on morose (ptsd). I've little to n

A. A combination of cognitive behavioral therapy and anti depressants is usually an effective treatment strategy. If only ssri`s (zoloft, Prozac etc) and snri`s (effexor, cymbalta) have been tried, then other anti depressants with a different mechanism of action that could be considered eg: tricyclic anti depressants (nortriptyline), mirtazapine, MAO inhibitors. The treatment could also be augmented with medications in the class of Abilify (aripiprazole), seroquel etc. If nothing else works, electroconvulsive therapy is a safe and effective treatment option. Transcranial magnetic stimulation is a reasonable treatment choice. There is also some promising research using deep brain stimulation for treatment resistant depression (this is still in the research stage only). Light box is usually effective for sad. Please talk to your psychiatrist and hope you get well soon.
You may want to try. Mind/body approaches to psychotherapy. These focus less on content, or the stories of your life, and more on how your physiology and body responds. Somatic experiencing is one of these approaches. Emdr would be another approach to try.
Don't give up. Sometimes trying a different depression medication or adding supplemental medication, such as a mood stabilizer or anti-psychotic can be effective. Find a therapist who specializes in a proven type of talk therapy, such as cognitive- behavioral or interpersonal. Meditation, exercise, and diet can also provide greater relief from depression.
Exercise. Try adding some exercise. Check out this on-line study at curecrowd. Com http://www. Curecrowd. Com/ailments/depression.

Do they belong in an institute? They: are very depressed, sit alone all day, don't talk to anyone, have ptsd, rash out and throw things for no reason.

Need help. I don't know about being "in an institute, " but the person you're describing is clearly in pain and needs help. This could be done as an outpatient -- with a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists help explore the suffering, and see what can be done to help. Sometimes this might be talk therapy, and sometimes medications could be of use. If there is substance abuse, this needs treatment also.
"They" Who is "they"? If "they" are violent, a danger to society or others- then maybe "they" aught to be in an institute. If "they" are simply human beings who have crawled into their shells for safety & whose ptsd impairs them - maybe "they" need our compassion. As you can see I am a bit concerned about clumping people into impersonalized "theys" because it dehumanizes "them".