Can most pediatritions offices do stitches? My 1yo's chin wound glue failed, wound reopened but not bleeding. Was hoping to avoid hospital visit.

Dr. Scott Diede
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

Just to be sure, it wouldn't hurt to call ahead, but pediatrician's offices can place sutures for non-complicated cases.

Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Scott Diede

In brief: Mine always did

I routinely did stitches in my office for simple issues like the one you describe.
However, if it has been more than a day since the wound, they may not want to suture it.Closing a wound that late can lead to complications.Sometimes they just let them heal if minor. Call ahead to see what they advise.

In brief: Mine always did

In brief: Call and ask

Call your pediatrician's office and ask.
Usually they don't do stitches.

In brief: Call and ask

Usually they don't do stitches.
Dr. Ecaterina Sartina
Dr. Ecaterina Sartina
Dr. Cindy Juster