What cycle day does ovulation occur if I have a 40 day cycle my cycle is irregular though?

Dr. David Adler

In brief: Difficult to say

If your cycles are irregular, it is difficult to predict ovulation.
We can retrospectively tell when ovulation occurred by counting back from your menses. Your menses will always start 14 days after ovulation. It is the 1st half of the cycle that varies. Of course if you are irregular, you may not be ovulating each month. See your gyn for an evaluation and treatment. Best of luck!

In brief: Difficult to say

Dr. David Adler
Dr. David Adler
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: U may not be ovulati

If they are 40 days and irregular normal cycle length is 21-35 days , if u were ovulating( prob not) it would be 14 days before the end of your cycle or day 26 u can get an ovulation kit to check.

In brief: U may not be ovulati

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham