If I get diarrhea after eating does that mean my body is not absorbing the calories or fat and vitamins?

Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: Possibly

It might also mean you are sensitive to a particular food.
If you're lactose intollerant, for example, you will getting bloating, gas and diarrhea after eating dairy. It's helpful to keep a food log and write down what you eat and when you have diarrhea. This will help you see what foods trigger the problem. If this has only been going on for a short time, it might be something viral.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Martin Fried
General Practice

In brief: Many causes

There are many causes of diarrhea after eating.
It could even be related to your gallbladder. I suggest an appointment with your physician to figure out the possible causes and treatments.

In brief: Many causes

Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine