What is the recovery time for a meniscal cyst? Will i need an arthroscopy?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let me explain

Let me start with question, did you have mri, if you have it will if the meniscus torn or not.
There is two they could address your question. 1-if the meniscus is not torn they could take the cyst out by small incision, that will not require arthroscopy. 2-meniscus torn(positive mri) yes you need arthroscopy.

In brief: Let me explain

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Joseph Harhay
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Yes, eventually

A cyst is the result of a torn meniscus that extend its full with an results in joint fluid pushing through the hole when the pressur in the joint rises as when you bend the knee.

In brief: Yes, eventually

Dr. Joseph Harhay
Dr. Joseph Harhay
Dr. John Moor
Sports Medicine

In brief: Variable.

Recovery time is variable.
Arthroscopy depends on individual circumstance.

In brief: Variable.

Recovery time is variable.
Dr. John Moor
Dr. John Moor
Dr. Keegan Duchicela