I just found out that one of my good friends has chron's disease. Is it considered a terminal disease?

Dr. Gary Gottlieb
In brief: No
Crohn's disease is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease of unknown cause.
It can often be put into a state of remission (no symptoms) by medication. Untreated, it can be very debilitating, possibly causing malnutrition. But it is very rarely fatal.

In brief: No
Dr. Gary Gottlieb
Dr. Gary Gottlieb
David Miller
In brief: Needs support
Crohn's disease is not fatal but can be very challenging in terms of the medications required to treat it and the dietary restrictions some patients must maintain.
Your friend would certainly benefit from your thoughtful encouragement and support as they start down the road of dealing with this chronic disease.

In brief: Needs support
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student