I have forehead pain above my eyebrow area and in the middle of my forehead. Also tenderness in the cheekbones and eye area. Could this be sinus pain?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

Your description could definitely be caused by sinus disease.
Try decongestants and see your doctor.

Try decongestants and see your doctor.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Bari Brandt
Ophthalmology

In brief: Possibly

You need to see your medical doctor who should request sinus x-rays to rule out sinusitis.
A complete exam by your ophthalmologist would also be helpful.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Bari Brandt
Dr. Bari Brandt
Dr. Samuel Salamon
Ophthalmology

In brief: Sinus pain is likely

The eye rarely "hurts"; rather, its neighbors have pain receptors, so that sinuses, which surround the orbit which houses the eye, are very often the cause of pain, pressure, tenderness etc over the brow and cheek.
Inflammation in the eye, assoc'd with red eye & decreased vision, could cause pain in the eye, as could very high pressure. But your pain site(s)=typical of sinus infection/ inflamatn.

In brief: Sinus pain is likely

Dr. Samuel Salamon
Dr. Samuel Salamon