How long does it take to eliminate h. Pylori, and how can I prevent my roommates from contracting it from me?

Dr. Gary Gottlieb
In brief: 2 weeks
H pylori is usually a chronic bacterial infection of the stomach.
It can usually be cured by taking several prescription medications every day for 2 weeks. Most people who have h pylori got infected in childhood, but it can be spread by oral secretions from person to person. H pylori can be diagnosed by blood tests, stools tests, breath tests, or endoscopy with biopsy.

In brief: 2 weeks
Dr. Gary Gottlieb
Dr. Gary Gottlieb
Dr. David Wyatt
Aree with Dr Glottlieb, and would add - that the blood tests for H Pylori - once POSITIVE will always be positive... and should never be used as a " test of cure"or "test for active infection" - because they are testing for antibodies to the bacteria. The best ways to diagnosis active infection or if cured after treatment are the breath test, biopsy after a scope or the stool antigen test.
Dr. Arnon Rubin