I'm on birth control and still have 4 pills left to take before i'm supposed to start my period but i already started it today. Why could this be?

Dr. Allison Urrutia

In brief: Common- Don't worry

Depending on how long you have been on your birth control, it is common to have your cycle start early.
Continue taking your pills daily and track your cycle, if it becomes more irregular, consult your physician.

In brief: Common- Don't worry

Dr. Allison Urrutia
Dr. Allison Urrutia
Dr. Ajay Acharya

In brief: Normal variation

Do not worry normal variation.

In brief: Normal variation

Do not worry normal variation.
Dr. Ajay Acharya
Dr. Ajay Acharya
Dr. Jeffrey Ng

In brief: Could be sugarpills

Usually the last week of the pills are sugar pills and your menses shows up when the hormone withdraw starts.
This could be perfectly normal. Other causes include stress, missed meds. Go see your doc if that is not your case.

In brief: Could be sugarpills

Dr. Jeffrey Ng
Dr. Jeffrey Ng
Dr. Adam Levy