My left nipple was very tender to the touch and when I squeezed it there's a bloody discharge?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Need evaluation
I suggest you get this examined by your doctor as soon as possible.
We need more information about your age& pregnancy/lactation status and how long this has been going on but the fact that it's only on one side and bloody is worrisome and warrant a medical evaluation. This could still be caused by many things but the differential diagnosis are: papilloma (benign), intraductal breast pre/cancer...

In brief: Need evaluation
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Barry Rosen
I agree with Dr. Nguyen that this condition requires medical evaluation. A few additional points: the fact that the discharge is ELICITED rather than SPONTANEOUS favors a benign process; the second most common cause of discharge is DUCT ECTASIA, an inflammatory condition of the terminal breast ducts. Lastly, although concerning, cancer is the culprit of bloody discharge about 10% of the time.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine