How likely is it that I have insulin resistance, if my random blood glucose levels are normal?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Varies

The answer depends on many things, including what risk factors you currently have (obesity, metabolic syndrome, family history of diabetes.
..) just because you have a normal random blood sugar does not rule out Insulin resistance. Your body might keep your bs normal at the expense of very high level of Insulin in early diabetes. You need to measure glucose, Insulin and c-peptide level as a start.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Alvin Fried
Internal Medicine - Diabetology

In brief: Posxsible

It is possible that if your Insulin resistance is in an early stage your body can produce enough Insulin to give you normal blood sugars.
This situatioin can be worked out by blood tests ordered by your doctor.

In brief: Posxsible

Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Peter Kurzweil