A trip and am diabetic. What do I do with my insulin pump and transmitter while on the plane?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: No change

To be safe, i'd have a doctor's note but you should be able to wear your pump & carry it on the plane without problems.
I would show the agent the pump, then walk through screening. They are trained to know what it is. You can use the same pump settings while on plane. 1 study came out in 2011 stating you might get a 0.623% increase in insuin delivery because of the altitude but that's nothing.

In brief: No change

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. John Testa
General (Internal) Medicine

In brief: See attached

http://www.highroadsolution.
com/file_uploader/images/JDRF_Resources_Travel.pdf

In brief: See attached

http://www.highroadsolution.
Dr. John Testa
Dr. John Testa
Dr. John Testa
Persons with Diabetes • Notify the screener that you have diabetes and are carrying your supplies with you. The following diabetes- related supplies and equipment are allowed through the checkpoint once they have been screened: Insulin and insulin loaded dispensing products, syringes, lancets, blood glucose meters, blood glucose meter test strips, alcohol swabs, meter-testing solutions; insulin
Dr. Vicken Poochikian