I've been diagnosed 'pre-diabetic' and I have a cholesterol problem. What can I eat lots of?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Many options
When choosing a diet, make sure it's one that you can maintain lifelong so do not do anything drastic.
In general, you should eat lots of vegetable and fruits. Non-starchy vegetables are best: spinach, carrots, broccoli or green beans. Eat whole grain foods instead of processed food (whole wheat over white breads) add fish to your meals 2-3 times per week. Dry beans & lentils are good protein...

In brief: Many options
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Ankush Bansal
In brief: See below
1. Vegetarian diet (or even vegan).
This has been shown in dozens of studies every year. If you like some meat, it should be only chicken/turkey (non-fatty poultry so no duck) or fish (minimal shellfish). Regardless, the primary diet should consist of veggies, fruit. 2. Limit grains to whole grain only. If you can bead the bread in your fingers, it's not whole grain. 3. Limit oils in cooking.

In brief: See below
1. Vegetarian diet (or even vegan).
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine