Can you drink a diet coke when the doctor has told you to fast before labwork is to be done?

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: And Fasting means..?

I think fasting in this context means not eating or drinking anything.

In brief: And Fasting means..?

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Melissa Young
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Probably

If you are fasting for cholesterol or blood sugar, calorie free beverages are ok as they will not affect the results.
Might upset your stomach though. If you are fasting for a procedure, then it would not be ok.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Labwork diet coke

No. You should not drink anything except water. Diet cokes contain a lot of chemicals and is not good for anyone.
Aspartane is the artificial sweetener and is associated with many medical problems. It is advisable not to let your family drink diet drinks. Drink fruit juice or water.

In brief: Labwork diet coke

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Peter Kurzweil