My mom is using a glucose meter, now my father needs it too do I need to buy another meter?

Dr. Saima Farghani
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: No but
Use different lancets for the father

In brief: No but
Use different lancets for the father
Dr. Saima Farghani
Dr. Saima Farghani
Dr. Katharine Garnier
They can share the glucometer, but should always use a new lancet every time either of them uses the meter. Also, you and your brothers and sisters need to monitor your sugars with your doctors, with both of your parents diabetic, you are at increased risk of developing it. See you doctor regularly, exercise, keep your weight down, and what your diet. Luckily there are many new meds for diabetes.
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
Since you both need separate data storage and sharing information will just make it confusing to track down glycemic pattern.

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Gutti Rao
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice
In brief: Glucometer
Better to use different glucometers- the reason is that you have all the blood glucose values in memory of the machine.

In brief: Glucometer
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Adam Smith