How do I decide on the best place to give birth?

While I appreciate.. The romantic idea of a home delivery, i would advocate for delivery in a hospital setting. All of the necessary tools and expertise are readily available to address any issue that might occur. This may not be the case at home, and the consequences can be significant for both mom and baby. Moreover, high level perinatal care is immediately available.
Hospital tours. First find out what hospitals are covered by your insurance and where your doctor has privileges to perform deliveries. Then choose a hospital that is reasonably close to where you live, you don't want to be driving for hours while you are in labor. If you have more than one option, take a tour and see which one fits your needs the best.