I found out today that I have a hernia. Are there any restrictions as to what i can and cannot do until I have surgery to fix it?

Dr. Joseph Sucher
Surgery - Trauma

Without knowing the exact hernia condition, i can say that generally speaking, you should avoid any vigorous exercise or lifting anything more than 10 pounds.
These are very general restrictions and you may need to be more or less restrictive based on your particular condition.

Dr. Joseph Sucher
Dr. Joseph Sucher
Dr. Mark Kuhnke
Surgery

In brief: NO .

There is no need to restrict your activity unless you are experiencing some discomfort with said activity.
Now, once you have the hernia repaired your surgeon will give you a period of restriction, which varies by technique. You would probably be restricted for 1-3 weeks. Good luck.

In brief: NO .

Dr. Mark Kuhnke
Dr. Mark Kuhnke
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery