What is the best way to choose a healthcare provider?

Dr. Amy Herold

In brief: Research

Find out what doctors are covered by your insurance and accepting new patients.
Ask your primary care doctor which doctors they recommend or do an online search to look for highly rated doctors. I've found the best way is to ask your friends who they see, they will give you the real scoop.

In brief: Research

Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Word of mouth

I am on several committees, some for marketing the hospital and patient questionnaires always reveal the best way people find to choose a dr. Is word of mouth from someone who recommends the provider. Basic research can be done to search for board status, sanctions, criminal history of course too.

In brief: Word of mouth

Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower