I'm on warfarin can I have almonds cashews or any kind of peanuts.

No

Warfarin_sodium
The main dietary concern of taking warfarin is with the amount of vitamin K in your diet. When you eat foods high in vitamin K, you can decrease the effect of warfarin. Likewise, eating less vitamin K can increase the effect of Coumadin. The key is to eat a similar amount of foods that contain vitamin K each day. Almond and peanut has low amount where as cashews have medium amount of Vit K.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Coumadin Warfarin

answered:

Level Vit K intake

Warfarin_sodium
When you have achieved a good INR while taking Warfarin, you want to keep your Vitamin K (VitK) intake as level as possible. When you vary your intake, that is when your INR either goes too high (lower VitK intake) or too low (increased VitK intake). Peanuts, walnuts, and almonds have low VitK, so eating some won't drastically affect INR. Pine nuts and cashews are the highest for nuts (so limit).
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Apex Coumadin Feeding Ingestion Inr Mephyton Phytonadione Vitamin deficiency Vitamin k Warfarin