Non-diabetic with a blood sugar reading of 234 about half-hour after eating candyshould I be scared?

No need to be scared. However, your bs did exceed the threshold of what we consider abnormal and may represent the early stages of beta cell dysfunction in the pancreas/ diabetes. I advise you to start adopting a healthier life style that includes stress reduction and best if you proceed with an endocrine evaluation as early intervention can make a huge difference. Good luck.
Possibly. With a blood sugar response of that level it would be a good idea to have a formal test before labelling yourself a non-diabetic.
Candy and blood test. Not yet. But if the blood sugar is above 99 at 2 hours, or a fasting blood sugar is above 99 the you should be worried and call your doctor. Meanwhile you should get checkups and maintain a healthy live style.