What can I do if my husband is diabetic and drinks sugar free koolaid with aspartame could this raise his sugar levels?

Dr. Susan Wingo
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Not directly

Aspartame is an Amino Acid and cannot directly raise blood sugar.
But, it may increase cravings for other sweets or starchy foods, and if someone eats more carbohydrates than they planned to, that could lead to higher sugar levels.

In brief: Not directly

Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. Susan Wingo
Holly Barth
General Practice

Look at the carbs.
Sugars are just added in with carbs as they are a type of carb. The carbohydrates are what you should be paying attention to.

Look at the carbs.
Holly Barth
Holly Barth
Answer assisted by Holly Barth, Medical Student
Dr. Yash Khanna
No my answer is it will not raise blood sugar as sugar free koolaid and aspartame have no sugar and it will not raise the blood glucose
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine