Is it safe to drink a litre of diet coke per day if I am a female of 61 years of age and insulin diabetic?

Dr. Andrew Malinchak

In brief: Diet coke.

It's not the best drink for you.
The artificial sweetener is not good for you in large quantities. Better to drink water/flavored water, unsweet tea/coffee and use the natural sweeteners agave or stevia. Both are sweet healthy alternatives--try them!

In brief: Diet coke.

It's not the best drink for you.
Dr. Andrew Malinchak
Dr. Andrew Malinchak
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Really, no

Granted there are no calories in Diet Coke, but the artificial sweeteners in that amount can lead to feelings of weakness, fatigue and achiness.
Furthermore, I'm not thrilled with taking in that amount of caffeine on a daily basis. Water would be a much healthier option.

In brief: Really, no

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Jane Van Dis