I just found out my blood sugar lab was not good 350 , what will they do to me when I go in to see doc?

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: Need medication
You will likely be advised to change your lifestyle and lower carb intake in addition to being placed on a glucose lowering agent.
Depending on your symptoms and lab work, you made need Insulin therapy (at least in the initial phase of treatment). Good luck.

In brief: Need medication
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Many
They most likely will order more labs to make sure your kidneys/liver/electrolytes are still ok.
They will also check your hemoglobin A1c (average bs the last 2-3 months) to see the severity of your diabetes. They will ask you to sign up for diabetes classes/talk to dm educator and start you on an anti-diabetic regimen (oral or Insulin or both depending on your level of comfort and committment)...

In brief: Many
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Patrick Weix
Depending on your age and health, you may need to see some other specialists as well, because diabetes affects so many systems in the body.
Dr. Shaym Puppala
In brief: Comprehensive eval
You will start treatment, have urine checked for diabetic kidney disease, get eye exam for retinal disease, & treatment for cholesterol and blood pressure as well as more blood tests.
Take this diagnosis very seriously but stay optimistic: with good control over diabetes and close follow-up, most complications can be significantly delayed or prevented, & if present, progression halted/slowed.

In brief: Comprehensive eval
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Steven Seres