I have type 2 diabeties and want to know how dangerous is it for me to eat chocolate, just for easter?

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: Not dangerous
Except that with the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes, you should be careful about the amount of carbs (such as sweets) that you consume.
I advise my diabetic patients to aim for 60-70 grams of carbs per meal and to limit carb snacks to twice daily. Be positive and maintain a daily walk for a minimum of 30 minutes.

In brief: Not dangerous
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Depends
It depends on the severity of your diabetes and how you are currently treated (oral meds or insulin).
If you are on oral medications only, a "splurge" might spikes your blood sugar and takes longer to return to normal, whereas if you are on Insulin therapy, you can just increase the dose of your short acting Insulin for this particular day. All that being said, a few "rewards" probably won't hurt.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine