I have forgotten to take my thyroid medicine for a week, and now I feel confused and lightheaded, now what?

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Resume meds

Its unlikely that what you are experiencing is thyroid related as the half life of thyroxine (t4) is about 7 days sand since you have been off for just a week, your levels should be still ok.
However, you will need to resume treatment and if symptoms persist, you can ask for your thyroid levels checked in 3-4 weeks to determine if dose adjustment is needed.

In brief: Resume meds

Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Thyroid

Restart your thyroid medication immediately and meanwhile call your doctor for more instructions.
Work out a reminder system so you do not repeat this in the future as it is very important to take your medication regularly in the morning on a empty stomach and do not eat for 1-2 hours afterwards.

In brief: Thyroid

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Can take them all

Thyroid medicines have 7 day half life so can to taken together unto 7 days if missed.
Take glutamine in addition to clear mental fogginess.

In brief: Can take them all

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Doubt to be thyroid

Get evaluated to rule out other causes.
Review your other meds. Agree c endocrinologists.

In brief: Doubt to be thyroid

Get evaluated to rule out other causes.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Steven Seres