I have been eating close to zero carbs. My fasting score is still coming in at 110 . Is this normal?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Glucose intolerance
A blood sugar level of 110 mg/dl is called glucose intolerance.
Other terms to describe this include "pre-diabetes" ot "at risk for diabetes." generally medications are not needed at this point, but a low simple carb diet and regular cardiovascular and resistance exercises is all that is needed. See your doctor to monitor your progress.

In brief: Glucose intolerance
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: High cortisol
High cortisol in the morning (which s normal) can cause higher glucose readings.
Test yourself before a meal, then 3 hours after the numbers should be the same. I bet your glucose readings are lower during the day!

In brief: High cortisol
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Elevated blood sugar
No that is not normal.
You should discuss this with your doctor to see why this is not normal and what else you can do to be moe normal.

In brief: Elevated blood sugar
No that is not normal.
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine