What is the best type of veneer to use to cover up dentin that shows through due to wear and tear?

In brief: Porcelain

Veneers are made from porcelain or composite and there are many types of both.
Porcelain is much stronger and better for wear and tear. One very strong type of porcelain for veneers would be of lithium disilicate and may have several different brand names.

In brief: Porcelain

Dr. Dominick Curalli
Dr. Dominick Curalli
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: IPS Empress

Empress dental veneers are all-ceramic and are extremely durable, sharing similar material qualities to natural tooth enamel and good in cases of the receding gums.

In brief: IPS Empress

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. George Hanna
Dentistry

In brief: Ask your dentist

most veneers are made of porcelain and would cover stains and dark spots.
your dentist can recommend an opaque layer to hide the stain You need to get an exam and x-ray to see what is the best option for you. you can also send me your x-rays for a second opinion http://my.setmore.com/bookingpage/72b8c781-a64f-45c9-9314-934abdd25118

In brief: Ask your dentist

Dr. George Hanna
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. April Ziegele
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Porcelain

If your tooth is dark, a more opaque porcelain will be needed.
Ask your dentist which type of porcelain works best for them.

In brief: Porcelain

Dr. April Ziegele
Dr. April Ziegele
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: It's the dentist!

Porcelain or procera veneers.
However, it is not the material used, or the brand name with marketing hype that is the most important factor when trying to achieve the best esthetic result or longevity of a laminate (veneer). Rather, it is the skill, expertise, experience and artistic skill of the dentist (and the dental technician) that is the key. Opaquers can also be used to cover things up.

In brief: It's the dentist!

Porcelain or procera veneers.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Arnon Rubin