How do you make your diabetes test normal so the doctor will think they made a mistake in diagnosis?

Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Nuts

Seriously? I'll tell you how to do it! find a true, certified moron.
Or a miracle worker. They may actually "fool you into curing your diabetes". Sorry, like my more respectful previous colleagues, i should've taken the high road and said no comment. Where i come from? Call it like it is.

In brief: Nuts

Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
2 comments
David Miller
The real question for you to answer is why would you want to do this. This is not a disease that you can just wish away and it will kill you, slowly and painfully, if you let it.
Dr. Gary Cunningham
I'm curious; are you trying to avoid this diagnosis because of effects on eligibility for insurance or premiums? Well, anyway, eat no carbs 24 hours before your test and exercise vigorously the day of. Taking a niacin supplement may also help. Even if that works, you need to follow-up long term with your doctor to make sure your sugars are under control to avoid future health problems.
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: No comment

No comment.

In brief: No comment

No comment.
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Cayce Jehaimi
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Who you fooling?

You can't.
Really bad idea to fake it. Doc can take care of it; doesn't matter to him/her as much as it does (or should) to you. If you have diabetes, own up to it, start treating it. If you ignore it, diabetes has very nasty ways of reminding you, including life threatening metabolic complications, or infections heart attack, stroke, blindness, amputations, kidney failiure, and, oh yeah, death.

In brief: Who you fooling?

You can't.
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Shaym Puppala

In brief: Really,very bad idea

Physicians exist to help people live healthier happier lives, to cure or treat illness to increase duration of healthy life, & to improve the quality of life of our patients.
In trying to fool your physician into believing diabetes is controlled when it is not, the physician is deprived of a chance to make a real difference in your life, and you risk the severe consequences of uncontrolled diabetes.

In brief: Really,very bad idea

Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Lea Danielsen

In brief: No way to fake it

I've seen hundreds of people ignore diabetes and suffer for it.
However, I have seen about 5 patients in 20 years who lost about 100+ excess pounds and their diabetes was undetectable. This means on glucose tolerance tests the blood sugar did not go up when they took a sugar load. The diabetes is basically gone. This is called "previously abnormal glucose tolerance test", and not diabetes.

In brief: No way to fake it

Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Lea Danielsen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: You can't

The only way to make a diabetes test normal is to properly treat it.
There are so many ways to diagnose diabetes that you cannot "fake" normal values on all of them. All of these tests require blood draw so you can't make up numbers either.

In brief: You can't

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Philip Rosenblum

In brief: Best treatment plan

We can all certainly understand your wish: that you've never been given this bad news, that diabetes and all of its associated risks and complications would go away.
But you will never be "not diabetic." exercise, watch your intake of carbs and fats, take the medication as advised, do what you need to do to get to your ideal weight. The word "diabetes" isn't your enemy. Neither is the doctor.

In brief: Best treatment plan

Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine