My wrist has been hurting really bad and I want to know what I should do to prevent the pain?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Rest, ice, ibuprofen

Temorarily, you should rest the wrist, splint it if you can, use some ice packs and perhaps take some Ibuprofen type otc meds if you can.
If you continue to have pain, it worsens or you have concerns or other co-existing medical problems and depending on your age, any trauma history or other concern, see your pcp for evaluation and professional treatment. Be cautious!

In brief: Rest, ice, ibuprofen

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Donald Vierling
If the pain persists or worsens, should be evaluated for carpal-tunnel syndrome. What type of activity are you doing with your wrist/hand. May need rest from that activity.
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine