What causes my lower eyelid drooping?

Dr. Darab Hormozi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Many causes

Conciderring your young age, the droop of the lower eyelid could be related to a systemic problem like thyroid dysfunction or a genetic disposition.
I suggest to have an exam by your ophthalmologist to determine the cause and rule out systemic or more serious problems.

In brief: Many causes

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology

In brief: Nerves

An eyelid can droop because the nerve to the lid is not working well, because the muscle that lifts the lid has become stretched or there is a growth in the lid that is weighing it down.
A visit to a local ophthalmologist will determine which it is and what can be done.

In brief: Nerves

Dr. Arnon Rubin