I've read about people using medical super glue to seal cuts, but would it be safe to do it on the eyelid?

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care
In brief: Super glue
The use of these products near the eyelid, especially by yourself, is simply not a great idea.
The fear is that some of the product would get into the eye itself.

In brief: Super glue
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. David Wishnew
Wound care
In brief: Not really safe
Using medical grade glue/sealant (dermabond) on the eyelid poses special risks.
Should there be any leakage into the interpalpebral space, there is the risk of sealing the punctum, conjunctival sac or even gluing the lids together. If there is an eyelid laceration, i prefer using sutures (absorbable).

In brief: Not really safe
Dr. David Wishnew
Dr. David Wishnew
Dr. Arthur Heller
Also skin around the eye is thin and sensitive. No super glue there.
Dr. Andrew Pichler
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: glue on eyelids
I have used histoacryl glue (german product) for 20 years for blepharoplasties (before dermabond was available in the us) without any untoward effect, and still prefer it to dermabond !

In brief: glue on eyelids
Dr. Andrew Pichler
Dr. Andrew Pichler
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine