I had fallen and gotten a large bruise on my leg a week ago.Now there is a lump that is red, sore & feels hot.?

Dr. Robert Levine
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Posible Infection
A bruise is a hematoma resulting from bleeding into the soft tissues.
It is a good medium in which bacteria can live and grow. It is possible, even without a break in your skin, that the hematoma has become infected. The redness and heat are sign of a localized infection. You should have it checked by your primary care physician.

In brief: Posible Infection
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Robert Levine
Dr. Martin Tyson
Addiction Medicine
In brief: See doc
Likely just old clot/hematoma, but occasionally this can become infected and need to be drained.
Soc needs to see.

In brief: See doc
Soc needs to see.
Dr. Martin Tyson
Dr. Martin Tyson